Monday, October 3, 2011

St. George Marathon

October 1, 2011

I can't imagine what it must be like to be in shape to run the distance of a marathon. Or what it can possibly feel like to recover from one after running it. We saw runners after the race stretching, some conked out on the lawn in the runners area, some walking around like it was no big deal, and other hobbling about as if ancient injuries were screaming at them. Runners old and young. I don't plan on ever doing this. However, it makes you think about your own fitness goals, and I would like to get back to my old 3 miles a day routine. I would jog out a mile and a half and walked back. Not a bad way to feel good. It's so easy and now that I'm quite recovered from my last baby, I'd like to get back to a healthier me.

This photo is of my niece and her husband. I was so happy to see her. I'm very impressed by her accomplishments.

No comments: